U Visa Mental Health Evaluation
The U Visa, also known as the U nonimmigrant status, is for those that have been victimized by a crime.
As licensed counselors, we help individuals who are pursuing a U Visa. A common client is a person who has experienced a traumatic like incident. The trauma incident can include but is not limited to physical assault or being a victim of a robbery.
Working with a licensed counselor gives you a supportive and non-judgmental space to receive your immigration evaluation.
You May Qualify For The U Visa If:
- You have experienced a traumatic incident in the U.S.
- You have cooperated with the authorities and law enforcement. Such as answering questions with the authorities and following up when needed.
- You have suffered mental or physical abuse.
- For more qualifications on the U Visa please click here.
How Santos Counseling Can Help With Your U Visa Evaluation
Santos Counseling PLLC is a mental health practice that specializes in conducting expert-level immigration evaluations. Immigration evaluations can take place in the office or online using teletherapy.
Counselors at Santos Counseling conduct the immigration mental health evaluation using collateral information, psychometric tests, analyzing supportive documents, closely working with the immigration attorney, reviewing medical and related history, and more.
Counselors work closely with you to identify how the trauma or abuse took place and the impact on your mental health.
A common example of a U Visa is seen in a person that is working with an immigration attorney pursuing a U Visa due to experiencing physical abuse. The counselor conducts the immigration evaluation with a focus on the physical abuse that took place. During the immigration evaluation, the counselor explores details connected to the abusive or trauma-related experience. One key goal is to clearly understand the impact of the incident.
Please know that we are not attorneys and do not provide legal advice. Our role is that of mental health professionals in providing immigration evaluations. For more information on the U Visa please click here.
If you have been a victim of physical or emotional abuse and are pursuing a U Visa, please contact our counseling office. We offer immigration evaluations in English and Spanish.
Working With Dr. Juan Santos
Dr. Juan Santos is a licensed professional counselor and the owner of Santos Counseling PLLC. He was born in the Dominican Republic and relocated during his adolescent years. Dr. Santos is bilingual and fluent in English and Spanish. He has years of experience working with immigration cases that include: U Visa, VAWA, Cancellation of Removal, Waivers, Hardship Waivers, and more.
- Licensed Clinical Mental Health Counselor.
- Dr. Santos provides training to clinicians and psychologists across the U.S. focused on conducting immigration evaluations.
- Dr. Santos completed his dissertation with a specific focus on conducting immigration evaluations and strengthening his skill in the area.
- Has presented on the topic of immigration evaluations at webinars, universities, and national conferences.
- Dr. Santos has been featured on a podcast with a focus on conducting immigration evaluations.
- Certification as a Certified Rehabilitation Counselor.
- Certification as a Certified Clinical Trauma Professional.