Are you dealing with high-functioning depression?
This form of depression is often not as visible as the common diagnosis of major depression. You may notice that instead of debilitating depression you instead feel stuck in life.
Symptoms of high-functioning depression include:
- Difficulty getting healthy and consistent sleep.
- Problems focusing and concentrating
- Low motivation. At times the motivation is fine at work while shifting to a low motivation when not at work.
- Difficulty getting out of work mode.
- Do I have High Functioning Depression?
3 Ways To Manage High-Functioning Depression:
1. Start with awareness.
One of the first steps in the process of navigating high-functioning depression is to acknowledge what is taking place.
2. Implement breaks during the working day.
You can start by writing down how many hours you are working and do your best to implement breaks during the working day. The breaks aim to give you time to shift away from the “work zone”.
3. Engage in reflection.
Reflect on all of the things in life that do not have to be perfect. For instance, a strawberry is not perfect yet it tastes delicious.
For more supportive reads on depression and self-care use the links below: