Marriage Counselor Near Me
Are you searching for a marriage counselor near you?
Couples seek marriage counseling for different reasons. Some want to learn how to continue to have a wonderful and satisfying relationship. Others are experiencing challenges and desire to learn how to come together while overcoming difficulties.
Common reasons couple search for a relationship counselor:
- Heal after an affair. Click Here for a supportive blog post on couples counseling exercises for infidelity.
- Struggling to forgive each other.
- Wanting to improve communication skills. Check out a helpful article on improving communication skills for couples by clicking here.
- Premarital counseling.
- Lack of intimacy.
- Blending families.
- Building trust.
Why are you searching for a relationship counselor?
I want to share with you 4 ways that working with a marriage counselor can improve your relationship. Please be mindful, that these are 4 of many.
4 Ways To Improve Your Relationship
1. Healthy couples spend time alone and together.
A healthy balance of together and independent time directly strengthens marriages. The reason is simple. Before the relationship, you spent time alone or with your friends and family.
What takes place is that couples come together and slowly let go of their independent worlds. This can negatively impact the relationship.
One key reason is that your independent life connects directly to who you are.
With your partner try to break down your schedule for the next 30 days. Include a handful of independent and together activities to engage in. At the end of each week, reflect together on the activities.
Evaluate to see if the new structure is improving the relationship or your mood.
2. Healthy couples use soft approaches.
A soft approach in a relationship reduces tension and creates an opportunity for healthy communication. This strategy can be achieved by first introducing your partner to the topic you want to talk about instead of starting the conversation on the topic.
Ways to use a soft approach in your relationship:
- Honey, I would love for us to sit down this afternoon at 7:30 PM to talk about our relationship. Does that work with your schedule?
I want to give you a heads up that, I want to share some of my thoughts and feelings with you. For a supportive podcast on relationship, growth click here.
3. Healthy couples go to marriage counseling.
Here is something, I want you to think about.
Most couples seek a marriage counselor when shit hits the brick. When the relationship is on the brink of divorce.
I urge you not to do this.
Ways to get the most out of a marriage counseling session:
- Connect on core values.
- Address tension.
- Remove resentment and practice forgiveness.
- Strengthen communication skills.
4. Healthy couples create spaces for deep connection.
As a relationship counselor, I want to share with you one key principle that healthy couples have. It’s a space for deep connection.
Below are questions that build a deep lasting connection.
- How did your childhood impact the way you show up in this relationship?
- What values do you want in our relationship?
- How did the heartbreak impact your life?
- What time of the day do you prefer to have sex?
- What makes me feel safe?
- How does achieving goals together make you feel about us?
- What does romance in a relationship mean to you?
- Do you see yourself as a risk-taker?
- Are you more optimistic or pessimistic?
- What are the traditions you continue to practice?
- What are the objectives you would like to meet in this relationship?
- What are 10 things that make me happy?
Are you ready to start marriage counseling?
To start relationship counseling click here or call our counseling office at 336-663-6570 or email email@example.com. The office coordinator will speak with you, learn what is taking place, and provide you with a counselor that fits your needs.