TWEEN Therapy Group
Spaces are limited in the tween therapy group
Starts – Saturday, June 3rd, and runs for 4 weeks. From 2 to 3 PM. Registration is OPEN. Ages 10 to 13. The fee is $50.00 to hold registration spot and $150.00 collected during the first session.
The CBT Therapy Group is for kids that want to:
Your child will be out of school and into the real world in a few short years. Invest in counseling to give your child the tools they need to navigate life effectively.
- End destructive habits and behaviors.
- Remove the blame mentality and overcome challenges.
- Build self-confidence and acceptance of who you are.
- Develop healthy coping skills.
- Learn to build healthy friendships.
The group is relaxed, interactive, and constructed to promote growth, learning from each other, and practice in using clinical strategies that make life just a little bit easier. Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT) is an evidence-based therapy that has been extensively researched and shows ample supportive evidence for helping tweens.
As a parent, have you ever thought:
- What happened to my happy child?
- Why is my child breaking out in tears?
- Has your child ever told you that they do not know how to feel happy or that they don’t understand why they are feeling unhappy?
- Does my child know how to handle stressful situations?
Why kids come to therapy:
- I want to feel better about myself.
- I have a hard time staying positive.
- It’s sometimes difficult to focus.
- I have a hard time finding ways to feel better.
- I want to feel more confident.
- I want to have better thoughts.
Why parents choose therapy for their kids:
- You want your child to learn how to cope with difficult moments.
- You want your child to have a positive self-image.
- You want your child to have a healthy confidence and self-esteem level.
- You want your child to stop negative habits/behaviors and build positive replacements.
THERAPY CAN HELP YOUR CHILD WITH…
FACING FEARS & BUILDING CONFIDENCE
LOVING YOURSELF INSIDE & OUT
BUILDING HEALTHY COPING SKILLS
9 Positive Benefits To Therapy For Kids
1. Learn to grow without speaking
The main concern that most people have when considering therapy is if they will have to communicate. The basic answer is that therapy provides a safe and comfortable place for teens to talk about their life, challenges, and goals.
2. Just being present is more than enough.
What’s beautiful about not speaking during therapy is that you are building a boundary. You are understanding when you do and do not feel comfortable sharing your thoughts and feelings. Therapy helps teens learn how to be present with what they are experiencing versus pushing the feelings to the side.
3. Building boundaries through therapy
I like to think about boundaries as the fence to your yard. The fence has a gate and you get to decide what you allow in. the goal is to allow in what serves you and will overall help you become. abetter person. Often people struggle with saying no and building healthy relationships. Therapy helps because it teaches you how to implement boundaries in your life.
Sessions focus on providing clear examples of what boundaries are and how to implement them in your life. With boundaries, you’ll learn how to manage emotions in a manner that connects to respecting personal needs, being respectful of personal needs, learning what empathy is and how to utilize it in life.
4. Therapy sessions mimic real-world situations
Therapy is a great place to build coping skills that focus on addressing challenges that are taking place in your life. In addition, therapy provides space for reflection and engaging in understanding how challenges in the past have and continue to impact your life.
Imagine being in therapy and sharing a struggle that you have. During the session, you are able to share your experience with what took place. With the counselor, you will have the space to work on learning and growing from it. While understanding that the growth that takes place from the therapy works to make life so much easier.
5. Therapy is about you
When you begin counseling, you’ll notice that it’s is all about you. With your counselor, you’ll have space to develop goals focused on the challenges that are taking place in your life.
6. Therapy gives space to build relationships
There is ample research that shows the positive impact of having a support system. This basically means that we feel better when we have people around us that support us through the ups and downs.
Therapy provides the opportunity to learn how to build genuine relationships.
7. A space with support and relaxation
Therapy provides a space for you to feel supported and comfortable. You are welcome to come to the office for face-to-face sessions or engage in virtual telehealth counseling sessions.
8. Therapy is fun
Yes, it is full of fun and energy. Therapy holds space for learning in all ways. Together we focus on hands-on activities, educational lessons, and learning through humor.
9. Therapy reduces isolation
How often do you feel alone with your struggles? It’s common to feel alone when going through challenges in life. An internal feeling that creates thoughts aimed to make you feel as if no one is going through what you are going through.
Therapy teaches you how to develop healthy thoughts, how to understand why you are experiencing challenges moments in life or difficult stressful thoughts, and ways to heal and recover.
START THERAPY TODAY
DID YOU KNOW THERAPY CAN BE FUN!!!