Your kids, tweens, and teens need to be ready for school. You may be a first-time preschool parent or a veteran watching your child enter their last semester in high school prior to launching into college.
Awesome parents make great kids.
It is truly vital that you as a parent find as much information and resources as you can to improve and better your parenting skills. Your kids will grow faster, more mature, brighter, more respectful, and more in tune with you.
This article is aimed to provide you with 10 ways that you can improve the parenting skills that will your child is “asking for”.
1. Become involved in your child’s life. You can do this by:
- Joining their school PTA
- Signing up to be a coach for their team
- Having a date night with them
- Asking them about their day each and every day
- Emailing their teachers and community supporters
- Becoming friends with them on Facebook and other social media
- Engaging in activities with your child focused on emotional intelligence.
- Showing your child how to find good role models.
- Helping your child develop confidence.
2. Observe your child’s behavior by always remaining involved. When you notice a positive or negative change, be the first to ask (why?)…
3. Be your child’s role model. No one should know your child better than you. Remember that there are always others ready to provide your child with guidance and act as a role model some are positive and others are negative but none will look out for them as you would.
4. Get out of the house and get involved with your child. You can not simply be the home parent who parents from home. You need to parent in the home and out of the home.