7 Habits of A Healthy Relationship
1. Check-in with each other. This means taking time to connect with your partner during the day for a period of 10 to 15 minutes. Use this time to explore what has taken place during the day, build love, and share words of support.
When couples are able to check in with each other space for growth is provided. What takes place is that the strategy of checking in, gives couples the opportunity (a) to engage in conversation (b) address challenges, and (c) find space to connect.
How are you doing with creating healthy space in your relationship?
Try the check-in strategy. In addition, use the couple’s journal to strengthen the application of the exercise. CLICK HERE to learn more about the journal.
2. Practice sharing appreciation daily. If you can do this by spending time each day sharing what you appreciate about your partner. Try the couple’s journal as a supportive tool to improve and nurture your relationship. CLICK HERE to check it out.
3. Use a simple code word to reduce conflict. The purpose of a codeword is to stop a potentially negative situation from taking place. CLICK HERE to learn more about how to use the code word exercise in your relationship.
Code words act as a tool to improve communication, strengthen healthy interaction, and reduce conflict in the relationship. Try the conflict resolution course to improve your relationship if you are searching for support in the area of conflict. CLICK HERE to learn more about the course.
4. Explore the love languages. Follow this link to read the love languages. https://santoscounseling.com/greensboro-counseling-resources
5. Bring each other coffee in the morning. This simply means doing something nice for the other person in the morning. It’s important to know that coffee is not the emphasis in this habit. The focus is the action of kindness. In your relationship take time to identify the small and big acts of kindness that you can engage in. If your relationship is a plant, then your act of kindness is the water that feeds it.
6. Be free of distractions so that you can focus on your partner. At the start and end of the day, the key elements to a successful relationship include prioritization of each other. A healthy habit includes each day taking time to focus on your partner while removing distractions.
7. Work to reconnect throughout the day. You can implement this habit by making it a priority to connect with your partner during the day. You can do this by texting each other, sharing love notes, and doing other activities.
It’s important to accept that life is busy and as adults, we hold ample roles. We take on the role of being a friend, worker, and a list of other roles. With this in mind, take time to create healthy ways to connect with your partner while you are away from them. This simple strategy goes a long way in strengthening the relationship.
Benefits Working With A Relationship Counselor
- Improve communication.
- Neutral and non-judgmental space.
- Exercises and strategies to strengthen the relationship.
- Support created based on your goals.
Supporting you in your journey of healing, recovering, and moving forward in life is our mission. The resources are hand-selected to ensure that you are provided with the very best tools to move you forward in your journey. Please note in full disclosure that these are affiliate links, meaning that a commission or incentive with links that you use. We truly appreciate your willingness and kindness in trusting our counseling practice.